“We were paying thousands of dollars a winter to heat our house… They were able to work with (our) budget and get the entire house done. It’s made a world of a difference. All those problems are gone. I love Standard Insulating, they made it easy.”
Kelly Coffin – Newport, NY
Standard Insulating Co. Customer
Fill out our form or call
To Get a Quote or More Information
Insulating Your Home Saves Money
Living in Central New York, you know that the winters here can be frigid, and the summers can be hot and humid. You also probably know that energy costs can be outrageous; especially if you live in an older home. One of the best ways you can save energy – and save money – is by making sure your home is adequately insulated. If you’re considering upgrading the insulation in your home, Standard Insulating can help.
Insulation can help you control the durability, comfort, quality and utility costs of your home. What’s more, improved insulation helps protect the environment by reducing the carbon footprint your house is having on the planet – better insulation means that your home’s energy efficiency can improve, resulting in the use of fewer utilities.
How is Standard Insulating Co. Different?
At Standard Insulating, we offer different insulation types for a variety of applications. New construction, or remodeled areas that have been stripped down to the wall beams, can benefit from spray foam insulation. For closed areas in older homes, like walls and attics, cellulose insulation is a great option.
Standard Insulating, Co. Has a Reputation for Courteous, Professional Insulation Services
(last updated 4/3/19)
You can trust Standard Insulating to help you choose the correct type of insulation for your home. Before we do anything, one of our highly-trained, BPI certified technicians will conduct a thorough, free home energy audit that shows us how much heat loss you’re experiencing, the areas of your home that are losing the most heat, and any possible safety issues. Using state-of-the-art diagnostic equipment, the technician will analyze your home’s potential for savings. After we complete the work in your home, we’ll follow up with test-out that shows how upgrading your insulation has improved your home’s efficiency.
We install the following types of home insulation, depending on your specific home style and situation:
Which Insulation is Right for Your Project?
Spray foam is a great insulating option for central New York homeowners who are building or fully remodeling. There are many different types of spray foam available, including closed cell (high density), open cell (low density), and even green foam, which is a low density spray foam made from renewable or recycled content. While each of these types of foam is made for a variety of different insulating applications, they all carry similar benefits for the homeowner.
- High R-Value: R-value indicates insulation’s resistance to heat flow. The higher the material’s R-value, the greater its insulating effectiveness.
- Draft Elimination: Spray foam keeps the cold (or hot) air outside, which keeps your home warmer (or cooler) and keeps your home comfort system from running unnecessarily.
- Energy Savings: You won’t have to worry about your treated air escaping outside, which will help your home comfort system run more efficiently – which can help you save money.
- Moisture Barrier: Spray foam defends against conditions causing condensation and mold. And, it protects from interior and exterior water.
- Build Enhancer: Spray foam insulation provides an added level of strength to your build – two to three times!
- Improves IAQ: If you want to improve your home’s indoor air quality, spray foam insulation is an ideal choice. It keeps pollen, dust and pollution out of your home, and discourages mold and mildew growth.
Cellulose insulation is plant-based insulating material used in wall and roof cavities to separate the inside and outside of your home thermally and acoustically. That means it keeps the heat and noise inside the house! Cellulose provides a thermal performance that compares favorably to other types of insulation, with an R-Value of 3.8 per inch. It fits well around items in walls like pipes and wiring, leaving few air pockets that can reduce the overall efficiency of the wall. Here are a few additional benefits of using cellulose insulation:
- Safety Value: Up to 85% recycled paper waste material with remaining percent made of boric (fire retardant) treatment that provides a Class-1 fire rating, making it a safe choice.
- No Harmful Additives: Does not contain formaldehyde.
- Fiberglass Free: Since there are no glass fibers, cellulose does not make you itch.
- Excellent Sound Barrier: Provides exceptional sound reduction. Since it is three times the density of fiberglass, it helps deaden the sound traveling through the walls and ceilings.
To find out how we can help you improve your Central New York home and its comfort level, as well as how you can save money on your energy bill, contact Standard Insulating today. Call us toll-free at 1-(800) 738-1424, and we will be more than happy to assist you.