Insulating the Attic in Your CNY Home
Living in central New York, you know that the winter months here can be bitterly cold, and the summer season can be sweltering. You also probably know that energy costs can be high; especially if you own a home built before 1980. So how can you save energy – and save money? By making sure that your CNY home is adequately insulated – starting with the attic.
Concern for your home’s efficiency should begin with your attic space. There are many insulation products and insulating applications available, based on your own unique space. Variables such as design, storage, home comfort systems, and the potential to create more living space, are all important factors in deciding what’s right for you and your home.
If your attic is not adequately insulated, it can greatly diminish the energy efficiency in your home.
- Take a look – peek into the attic space. In CNY, you should have a minimum of 12 inches of insulation.
- How old is your home? If it was built before 1980, it likely needs additional insulation.
- Can you see the joists? If so, you likely need to add more insulation.
- Do you have ice dams, large, damaging icicles or hot spots on your roof during the winter? If so, this is a good sign that you have significant heat loss.
- Are your heating bills high? And are you still uncomfortable?
We install the following types of home insulation, depending on your specific home style and situation:
If your heating bills are high, yet you are still uncomfortable, the chances are pretty good that you need to insulate your attic. The next step is to call Standard Insulating Co. toll-free at 1. and schedule a FREE home energy audit*.